The best way to introduce a toddler to books is through the touch and feel books.You might have introduced books earlier like when they were infant during the tummy time but the real test is when they are one plus and you try making them sit and enjoy the book.Today I will be reviewing the Usborne Touchy feely book’s that’s not my series.
Written by Fiona Watt
Illustrated by Rachel Wells
- The book 16*16*2 Cm and is pretty handy for the toddlers.This is supposedly the ideal book size for the young toddlers as they can hold and flip through the pages comfortably.This is a board book with 5 pages and 10 illustrations.
- The book has patches with different texture the first reaction of my baby was to touch the patch and in every page before he asked me to read it.
- The illustrations are big and colourful and easily attract the attention of the toddlers.Even the fickle minded would sit down for a while and check because the illustration is bright and the patch is big to explore.
- Every page has a big illustration with 8-10 words
- The book starts with thats not my pirate/monster/reindeer etc as its hat is too soft/its neck is too fuzzy/its eyebrows are too bushy ,and the patch is the texture mentioned.
- Its great for the language development of the young toddlers as they learn new words and the context of the usage of those words.
- Great sensorial activity and toddlers experience different texture and the name of the texture they feel.
- The book ends with thats my pirate/reindeer/monster etc
- Its a great book for the starter if you have a one plus toddler and you have not started with books yet this series is highly recommended.
- The only negative with the series is their pricing I checked quite a few online portals and was shocked to check the pricing but finally got the cheapest at flipKart,priced at Rs 550 (Approx).
Is the series worth going for ? Yes it is; buy one or two in the beginning and if your baby develops a liking go for more.
Overall a delightful read for the young toddlers with catchy illustrations and a must for first timers.
My Rating -4/5 one mark less for pricing.