There is never a better way to learn than experience ,sensorial activities not only make learning fun but makes learning easier as well.One of the sensorial activity we tried recently was the Insect sensorial bin.It was fun learning about the various insects and also discovering and finding them out of the soil bin that we have created
How too make an Insect sensorial Bin
4.Some leaves and grass
6.dump truck or any vehicle to make the discover interesting
7.scooping spoons or shovels to scoop the mud out
8.Insects flash cards
9.Dust Pan and brush for cleaning
How to prepare the box
Pour the soil into the box mix it with little water if it is dry, fill the box upto the level you think it will be comfortable for your baby to scoop out.Hide few insects below and few above.Make sure the insects are little visible for the toddlers to see and scoop out.They might just loose interest if it dug too deep.
How we played it
Our last weekend activity was . INSECT SENSORY BIN . For the bin we have used 🐞🕷From the insect set . Storage box as bin. . Scooping small spade and fork from beach play set. . Pebbles . Dump 🚚 from the construction set . . Dust PAN and brush from Montessori cleaning set for toddlers . Flash cards made by me 😀 . Activities done 👍Scooping and transfer . 👍Insect discovery . 👍Insects matched with the flash card. . 👍Practical life activity by cleaning the mess . . . #montessori #montessoriathome #montessoritoddler #sensoryplay #bugsiscoverybin #insects #insectsdiscovery #indooractivities #montessoriactivity #learningisfun #handsonlearning #handsonmama #funschooling #funlearning #messyplay #messisgood #toddlerfun #toddlerlife #toddleryears #toddlerslearning #toddlerhood #momblogger #mombloggerindia #muscatbloggers #muscatmums #expatlife #asianblogger #dubaiblogger #mombloggersofig #momtribe
- When we started Nirvaan was more interested in transferring the soil out of the bin to the dump truck and transporting it.
- While scooping when he started getting pebbles and insects he started showing interest in the discovery box
- He started finding the insects out and we named the insects as he was taking it out.
- After taking all the pebbles out we gave him the flash cards and he had a fun time matching them.
- He counted the pebbles he has taken out.
- Finally he was busy with transporting the insects and mud in his dump truck.
- He helped us in cleaning as well and it was a great practical activity where he tried to brush the dust from the mat using his pan and brush.
This is a very simple activity which needs very less time and effort to prepare the bin.If you wish to keep it mess free try this activity outside the house.And if you also have a space and heat constrain for playing outside spread a mat and let the little one play there.It is easier to dust the mess out of the mat then sweeping and cleaning the floor.
All these activity we start as a family play with all three of us Nirvaan, his father and me play it together and then when he develops interest in the play we let him explore on his own.Few activities he doesn’t need us at all but doing it together is so much fun.I plan these activities in the weekend so that we can enjoy it together.