Dinosaur are a favourite at our house and I really don’t know how many books I have bought just because it has dinosaur in it.But I never have to regret buying those books because little N loves those and you can find him reading those while he would make sounds like Dino says Raaaaaahhhhhhh!!!
So for the love of Dinosaur I wanted to plan an activity that would be fun and would include Dinosaurs.Little N is too young to understand that the Dinosaurs are primitive and for him they as alive as tiger or bear.
To start this activity I told him after he got up that his Dinosaurs are missing and I could not find them anywhere.He went to the storage box where I store those Dinosaur and searched himself while moving his hands expressing “where are the Dinosaurs”.WE did the activity at around his bath time and till then I kept on telling that “we need to find the dinosaurs”.So the excitement and tension was created before introducing the activity.
How to make Dinosaur jelly
- Add the content of jelly (available in general stores easily) to boiling water (250ml)
- Stir till the content is mixed well with the water
- Add another 250ml of cold water
- Let it cool and pour it in a vessel
- Put the dinosaurs in the vessel (use balloons or different shaps to make it more interesting )
- Refrigerate the mixture for few hours
Tools we have used
- A plastic knife which comes with every prestige pressure cooker 😉 and few serving spoons from Lil N’s kitchen
- Our activity box (its a storage box but now we do all activities in it )
- A tray (Again its our activity tray )
How we got started
Kept the Dinosaurs in the jelly in the storage box and asked Lil N to see what is there in the box.He was shocked to his dinosaur all struck in jelly before he could realise that it was going to be fun.He tried lifting but didn’t like the feel of jelly and left it asking help from his daddy to rescue his dear Dinosaurs.
After he rescued all the dear Dinosaurs he had fun making mess squeezing ,rubbing the jelly everywhere .
He even applied the jelly on his legs like a moisturiser.He shared the mess with his dad and wanted him to look equally messy but he bargained with just messy hands.
See the happiness in his face because for him he rescued his dinosaurs who were missing since morning.For him it was the biggest rescue he has done because till now he has only drowned his bath toys while bathing in the tub so that pretty much counts for his good deeds now.
Watch the video
SENSORIAL ACTIVITY : Dinosaur Excavation . Last week we did a fun activity where we excavated dinosaurs from jelly. . Lil N is too young to understand Dino excavation so I told him that his Dinos went missing and we need to find them. . See the happiness because for him he actually saved them 😂. . Great way to practice cutting for toddlers as well apart from the messy fun. . Detailed blog post will follow . . #montessori #montessoriathome #montessoritoddler #messyfun #measyplay #weekendactivity #sensorialactivity #sensoryplay #momblogger #indianmomblogger #muscatbloggers
On the cleaning front
The jelly was sticky so I was mentally prepared for a massive cleaning drive afterwards but it was easier than expected.
- Wiped the jelly from the mat using a wet cloth.
- Scrubed he mat using dishwasher and scrubber
- wiped again with a clean wet cloth
- sun dried the mat (We use the other side of the mat for messy activities and safari side for daily use)
- Little N took bath with his dear Dinosaurs, and there was a lot of raahhhhhhhh in the bath tub too.
- Cleaned the tub and his kitchen tools separately and sun dried before storing again.